Monday, August 20, 2007

Purpose of This Blog

The idea of this blog is to provide solace and comfort to those who do not "go gentle" into the brave new world of modern life -- those who do not find every innovation a blessing and yet wish to keep up with the times. Those who are ready to embrace change as a fact of modern life, but who also wish to look at changes critically, observe the trade-offs that accompany them, and occasionally mourn the passing of some pleasing byproduct of the old way as it hurtles toward obsolescence.

For the moment, I wish to remain anonymous, but I will admit to being both technologically literate and "of a certain age." I've lived in most parts of the country and abroad for a few years, but I now live in the Northeast.

My hope is that these ruminations will be of interest to people a little older than the typical blog watcher, perhaps just lately becoming more conversant with technology, and in need of hearing that their frustrations with a new computer, audio system, or online account need not reflect badly on their intelligence but rather on the excessive complexity or poor design of the products with which they are wrestling. Of course, anyone can read and participate!

2 comments:

thesavvyboomer said...

Hi Leon:Welcome to the world of Boomer Blogging. Thanks for the link. I've linked you up as well on my blog. It's good to see another boomer posting about technology.

Jim said...

Thanks - I'm still on baby steps, but I like it...